Here is a list of past and ongoing projects that I had/do have my hands in.
- TrailRag.org · 2014 – ongoing. I created this site to document my travels through Edmonton’s vast and beautiful trail system. The site is intended to act as a guidebook for urban hikers and walkers. Features tons of photos, lots of detail, and a realistic assessment of the trail segments it explores. Visit Trail Rag.
- The Rasp and the Wine · 2005 – ongoing. The Rasp and the Wine is the publishing and performance arm of my creative life. I act as publisher, designer, event organizer, event emcee, and overall impresario. The Rasp stages events sporadically, and in recent years has published eight poetry chapbooks from Edmonton-based poets. Visit The Rasp and the Wine.
- In Arms · 2010. I am exceedingly proud to have been involved with this project, which was staged by the Edmonton Poetry Festival in concert with members of the Canadian Military. Its purpose was to tell the stories of Canadian soldiers through poetry. It involved mentorship, writing and publishing, and a website which I designed and ran. The project culminated in a live performance and I was proud and honoured to deliver the words of our soldiers to a live audience. Visit In Arms.
- StreetRag.com · 2006-2008. A self-initiated web-based writing project that documented my daily life on the Edmonton Transit System and the streets of Edmonton. Includes a dictionary of Edmonton Slang Terms, and a plethora of street-level observations and ramblings. Also includes 11 podcast episodes. Visit StreetRag.com.
- The Roar · 2005-2007. An extension of the Raving Poets, The Roar began as a single-day, multi-faceted poetry festival that included a haiku reading, a bunch of cafe-style readings, and a big whoop-up finale with the Raving Poets band. It ignited the Edmonton Poetry Festival, which launched a year later.
- The Raving Poets · 2001-2010. I was the emcee and host for Edmonton’s Raving Poets from about 2003 to 2010. The Raving Poets was a reading series with an edge – we had a four-piece band that played live music behind an ever-rotating and evolving group of poets and writers. It was a ten-year blast that helped shape the poetry and spoken word scene in Edmonton.