Things That Are Missing
An incomplete list of things that should still be around and more popular.
- Cellphones with solid hardware buttons (i.e. old Nokia)
- Devices with knobs and switches that don’t need to be “programmed”: Appliances, TVs, stereo equipment.
- Wind up alarm clocks with bells
- Plain stonewash straight leg jeans made with heavier denim with triple-stitched seams
- Cars with exterior metal bumpers, two-knob stereos, and user-repairable/accessible parts
- Handwritten letters
- Goodyear welted oxfords (flat leather welt)
- The sunday paper
- Men with a code of honour
- The simpler days of the web, before FB, Twitter, iPhone, app store. It was messier, but more honest.
- Recipe cards for recipes
- Waiting for stuff, and hunting around to buy music
Permanent Link·March 12, 2013·Michael Gravel